Teaser Tuesday – “The Traitor’s Tale” by Margaret Frazer

teasertuesdays2Good day!

Another Teaser Tuesday, hosted by MizB at the Should Be Reading blog. Just a reminder of the procedure for this fun little Tuesday exercise:

• You grab your current read
  • Open the book to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • Do not include Spoilers! In other words, don’t share sentences that might give too much of the plot away. You don’t want to ruin someone else’s enjoyment of the book.
  • Share the Title and Author too, so other participants can put the book on their To Be Read list if they want.

So here are my teaser sentences:

It ended with Frevisse put to bed in the chamber saved for the nunnery’s better guests and feeling very foolish at the bustle Sister Margrett made of it. Dame Claire, the priory’s infirmarian, soon came from the cloister, but she and Frevisse had known each other for all the years Frevisse had been in the nunnery, and Frevisse knew there was small likelihood of deceiving her.

– pg. 196, The Traitor’s Tale by Margaret Frazer

So, do you have your own teaser for this fine Tuesday? Leave a link in the comments, and be sure to visit Should be Reading, and leave yours there too.

1. lisa-marie says:

Cool teaser, sounds like a good book! Thanks for visiting me!

2. Margot says:

This teaser is rather mysterious, but I guess that’s the point. I’m unfamiliar with the book but very curious about what’s going on.

Since the teaser is farther along in the book than I’ve read myself, I was a bit mystified too. 🙂 But it gives me incentive to read on.

Thanks for stopping by!

3. fleurfisher says:

Interesting – I’ve not heard of the book but that is intriguing.

4. JLS Hall says:

This is the first I’ve heard of the Sister Frevisse mysteries, but they sound interesting. Thanks for the teasers.

5. kiirstin says:

I’ve just started reading the Brother Cadfael mysteries by Ellis Peters… when I’m done with that set, I’ll have to start these — they sound perfect for me. Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier, too!

6. Mike says:

This would be fun – except the book I am reading would run the audience off – a tech manual on web design with Dreamweaver CS4.

Oh, I dunno, Mike. It would be fun to see what you did come up with. I read one Teaser full of psychology just today. 🙂