Another Teaser Tuesday, hosted by MizB at the Should Be Reading blog. Just a reminder of the procedure for this fun little Tuesday exercise:
- You grab your current read
- Open the book to a random page
- Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
- Do not include Spoilers! In other words, don’t share sentences that might give too much of the plot away. You don’t want to ruin someone else’s enjoyment of the book.
- Share the Title and Author too, so other participants can put the book on their To Be Read list if they want.
So here are my teaser sentences:
It ended with Frevisse put to bed in the chamber saved for the nunnery’s better guests and feeling very foolish at the bustle Sister Margrett made of it. Dame Claire, the priory’s infirmarian, soon came from the cloister, but she and Frevisse had known each other for all the years Frevisse had been in the nunnery, and Frevisse knew there was small likelihood of deceiving her.
– pg. 196, The Traitor’s Tale by Margaret Frazer
So, do you have your own teaser for this fine Tuesday? Leave a link in the comments, and be sure to visit Should be Reading, and leave yours there too.