Tuesday Teaser – Norse Code, by Greg van Eekhout

teasertuesdays2Good day! How is everyone? It’s that time of week again, and although I don’t manage to do this every week, I still enjoy it when I can catch a breath and do it. The Tuesday Teaser!

Mine today is from a book I just had to pick up because I love Norse mythology, and it looks like the plot relates — distantly — to that. A Norse myth re-enacted in southern California — love it!

Especially since I’m mulling over bringing some Greek and Hindu deities to Toronto for NaNoWriMo this year. Gettin’ myself into the mood, you might say.

So! Without further ado! The drill is: pick up the book you’re currently reading (or in this case, one I am about to start); open it to a random page; take two (2) sentences from that page and post them as a teaser, making sure not to include any spoilers. So here’s mine for this week:

I mean, you committed an extreme betrayal of our friendship, but I didn’t want to see Radgrid strap you to a rock and have a serpent drip toxic venom on your face for whatever’s left of eternity. Maybe you can still go back to NorseCODE and redeem yourself with productivity.

Norse Code, Greg van Eekhout, p. 59

The fun thing is that, not having started the book yet, I have no idea whatsoever what’s going on. So this is a teaser that makes me want to read the book, as much as anyone else.

Got a teaser of your own? Leave a link here, if you like, but be sure to visit MizB, who hosts the Tuesday Teaser at Should Be Reading, and leave your link there.

1. JLS Hall says:

Yes, I think everyone should try to avoid that whole strapped-to-rock, venom-dripping routine! Sounds like a really intriguing book – I love the Norse myths, too. Great teaser!

2. Brenda says:

I love the writing style. This sounds like something I would read.

3. Wow, that sounds really intense! Hope you enjoy the book!

4. This sounds like a really interesting book! Great teaser this week 🙂 Here’s my teaser.

5. Ryan says:

Great teaser from what sounds like a terrific read. It’s sounds like this would be more of a comedy but I could be wrong.

6. Phyl says:

I have a sneaking suspicion that it’s got a lot of humour, Ryan. I think this is probably a much lighter book than I’ve been reading lately. Lots of fun coming up.

7. Great teaser!
      This book sounds interesting. I just looked it up on GoodReads and I am even more intrigued.
      Thanks for stopping by my blog.

8. Celia says:

I really like this teaser! Such a calm and pragmatic voice…saying such sinister things! It sounds really, really cool. Thanks for sharing! Have you ever heard of Runemarks? It’s a YA fantasy with lots of roots in Norse mythology…I found it extremely interesting, well-written and exciting. Thanks for coming by my blog earlier!

9. Bryan Terry says:

Love it! That’s a great teaser. You’ve already seen it, but mine is here: http://bryansbookblog.blogspot.com/2009/09/teaser-tuesdays-thats-quite.html

10. Christina says:

I have this one in my TBR. Someday, I’ll get to it. ;-D

11. Wow! Extreme friendship! Here’s my tease: Tease

12. kiirstin says:

Wow, harsh! I was betrayed by a friend once — I just decided I never wanted to see her again. I think she teaches grade six now, which may be some sort of equivalent to toxic venom. Nice teaser! I’m looking forward to hearing what you think of it.